- Naturalism Facebook Group
- Naturalism Meetups
- Naturalism at Atheist Nexus
- Applied Naturalism Group (membership on approval)
- Naturalism Philosophy Forum (open membership)
- Naturalism Philosophy Forum
- Determinism Group
- Society for Natural Science
- Religious Naturalism Group
- Secular Coalition for America - an alliance of humanist, atheist, and otherwise naturalist groups which pays a lobbyist to represent the naturalistic world view in Washington. Its mission: "to increase the visibility and respectability of nontheistic viewpoints within the larger culture and to protect and strengthen secular government as the best guarantee of freedom for all."
- The Secular Web - the web's most comprehensive resource for atheism and secularism, but also dedicated to promoting a naturalistic world view.
- Atheist Parents - See the articles there by Steve Berthiaume on naturalism and criminal justice.
Humanist and Freethought Organizations Supportive of Naturalism
There are many worthy humanist and freethought organizations, nationally and worldwide, that take a broadly naturalistic approach to understanding the world and ourselves. Not surprisingly, they tend to be progressive as well. Supporters of naturalism, directly or indirectly, include:
- American Humanist Association
- British Humanist Association
- Center for Inquiry
- Council for Secular Humanism
- Druidic Order of Naturalists
- Humanist Institute
- Humanist Academy of Scotland
- Institute for Humanist Studies
- Institute on Religion in an Age of Science (IRAS)
- International Humanist and Ethical Union
- National Secular Society (Britain)
- Skeptics Society
- Secular Coalition of America
- Secular Web
- World Pantheism
- National Center for Science Education
- SETI Institute, the search for extra-terrestrial intelligence
- Edge.Org - interviews and papers by cutting edge thinkers
- MIT Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Tufts Center for Cognitive Studies
- American Association for Artificial Intelligence
- Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
- Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness
- Tucson Conference: Towards a Science of Consciousness
- Access Research Network This is a high-powered organization promoting "intelligent design" theories (antithetical to naturalism) via their journal Origins and Design, with authors such as Mike Bethe and Phillip Johnson.
- Discovery Institute Its avowed mission is "nothing less than the overthrow of materialism and its damning cultural legacies".
Other Websites of Interest
A collection of external links to information on naturalism:
- Moving Naturalism Forward (link is external) - discussions with leading naturalists, convened by physicist Sean Carroll.
- WorldviewNaturalism.Com (link is external) - readings, podcasts, videos, debates and people.
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (link is external)
- Wikipedia (1) (link is external) – metaphysical naturalism
- Wikipedia (2) (link is external) – philosophical naturalism
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (1) (link is external) - on naturalism
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (2) (link is external) – naturalism and legal philosophy
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (3) (link is external) – naturalism and ethics
- Secular Web (link is external) pages on naturalism
- Richard Carrier's (link is external) book and articles on naturalism
- Ralph Dumain (link is external) on naturalism vs. materialism, with many references
- Philosophy Pages (link is external)
- FactBites (link is external)
- Answers.Com (link is external)
- Nationmaster encyclopedia (link is external)
- Naturalism Research Project (link is external) of the Center for Inquiry